Cahir has been designated “A centre of excellence for Wild Brown Trout Fishing. The town is built on the River Suir. The Suir is renowned as one of Europe’s finest fly rivers for Wild Brown Trout.
Very few rivers can equal it in terms of the over all numbers of Wild Brown Trout it produces and that are available to the angler. The average size of the Wild Brown Trout ranges from 20cm to 30cm. There are very good runs of Salmon depending on water levels and condition. There are over 15 km of river accessible for fishing. The fishing locally is controlled by The Cahir & District Anglers Association.
Cahir House Hotel will hook you up with a local Gillie who will look after your needs to ensure an extremely enjoyable fishing holiday. We can tailor a packageto your specific requirements, here is a sample of short breaks available to you.
- 2 night bed & breakfast, 2 evening meals, 2 Packed Lunches €120.00
- 3 night bed & breakfast, 3 evening meals, 3 Packed Lunches €180.00
- 4 night bed & breakfast, 4 evening meals, 4 Packed Lunches €240.00
- 4 night bed & breakfast, 4 evening meals, 4 Packed Lunches (Including Sunday) €210.00
- 5 night bed & breakfast, 4 evening meals, 5 Packed Lunches (Including Sunday)€270.00
Things to note are as follows:-
- The cost of the service of a Gillie is not included, however prices locally areof excellent value. Cahir House Hotel will set up contact between our guestand a local Gillie at time of booking.
- A major advantage of hiring the services of a local Gillie is that he will guideyou to areas for fishing that are away from “the beaten track” giving youunspoiled access to the Wild Brown Trout.
- Fishing permits are required to fish in Cahir and district. They can bepurchased in the town, your Gillie will arrange this for you.
- Cahir House Hotel will provide you with access to a drying room.
- We will safely store your “catch”. Should you wish to enjoy your catch, our Chef can prepare for you a tasty meal.
- The angling season for Trout and Salmon within the Suir catchment area begins March 17th and ends September 30th.
To help you unwind after your day’s Fishing we invite you to a complimentary pre dinner drink in our popular bar. Your evening meal, served in our Bistro restaurant will be a three course table d’hôte menu featuring the best of local Tipperary produce. Full Irish breakfast will be served each morning, cooked freshly to order. Every effort will be made to accommodate Late Check Out requests.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements, we will be delighted with the opportunity to cater for you and make your stay at Cahir House Hotel an enjoyable one.
Download our Fishing Information: