Top of every visitor’s wish list, Cahir Castle is perched on a rocky island on the River Suir. It’s one of Ireland’s largest and best-preserved medieval castles, retaining its dramatic keep, tower, and much of its original defensive structure.
Cahir Castle was featured in the hit TV show The Tudors as well as the movie Excalibur. An audiovisual show and guided tour are available upon request and provides a perfect backdrop for photography enthusiasts.
- A two-minute walk from Cahir House Hotel, in the centre of Cahir.
- Mid September – Mid October Daily 09:30-17:30
- Mid October – Mid March Daily 09:30-16:30
- Mid June – Mid September Daily 09:00-19:30
- Mid March – Mid June Daily 09:30-17:30
- Last admission 45 mins. before closing.
- Adult :€2.75
- Child €1.25
- Student €1.25
- Senior € 2.00
- Family €7.00
- Group € 2.00 (Groups must be pre-booked.)