Cahir House Hotel is uniquely situated in one of Ireland’s most prestigious fly fishing locations. Close to many fishing hotspots from the Suir to the Nore and Blackwater rivers. We are happy to organise fly-fishing days and weekend packages with ghillies, licenses, permits etc.
The river Suir rises in the Devil’s Bit Mountain, travels south into Cahir. Its one of Europe’s most popular trout and salmon rivers and holds a heavy stock of fish. The best of the salmon stretch is nearby in Ardfinnan. The Suir river produced Ireland’s record rod-caught salmon. It weighed 57lbs!
Special Accommodation Rates Apply for Anglers:
- February – April€50.00 Bed & Breakfast per person sharing
- May – September€ 55.00 Bed & Breakfast per person sharing
- Angling permits can be purchased from The Heritage News & Deli (opposite Cahir House Hotel) or arranged through the hotel.
- Trout:A daily permit costs €20 – which will cover an individual from 7am until midnight – with no restrictions on any of the Cahir Anglers waters.
- Salmon: A daily permit costs €30. A state licence is required for Salmon fishing.
- A weekly permit for a full 7 days is €75 – so stay longer and enjoy some of the best fishing around.
- 11 Miles of Fishing ground
- Trout Season:1st March – 30th September
- Salmon Season :1st February – 30th September
- Gillies available on request
Angling Facilities Provided by Cahir Angling Association. If you require River Guides, Rod Hire and Tackle, this can be arranged through Cahir Angling Association’s PRO, Kevin Rowe Tel: 00353 (0)87 8406271/00353 (0)52 42729